When you are giving shape to the home of your dreams, you will have to take into account every small detail. And one of the things that you will have to consider with a lot of importance is the flooring of your house. There are several flooring options available and what you opt for with depend on your personal taste, safety and health concerns and the budget. Each kind of flooring has its own set of features and advantages and you must compare all of them for making your final decision.
Types To Flooring To Opt For
- Carpeting– Carpeting seems to be the most popular flooring option these days. If you have children at home, carpeting may be your safest bet. However, it might not be a feasible option if any of your family members is allergic to dust and dirt. Carpets also get stained easily. So, if you do opt for carpeting, you must be ready to shampoo them at regular intervals and change them once a year.
- Vinyl Flooring -A lot of people are opting for vinyl flooring as well. You can get the vinyl floors in pre-cut out shapes or in rolls. Vinyl floors are a very good option if you have a budget constraint and do not want to spend too much time cleaning them. Installing vinyl floors are extremely easy; you will only need to glue the flooring material to the sub floor. It needs very little work.
- Wood Flooring– If you want your home to have an elegant appearance, you can go in for wood flooring. Wood floors are available in a wide array of styles and textures and you can choose a pattern that will complement the overall décor of your home.
- Tile Flooring– If you want tile flooring in your home, you can take your pick from glass tiles, ceramic tiles or travertine tiles.
- Laminate flooring (also called floating wood tile in the United States) is a multi-layer synthetic flooring product fused together with a lamination process. Laminate flooring simulates wood (or sometimes stone) with a photographic applique layer under a clear protective layer.